Cooking Time: 1h
Servings: 9 servings of 67g or 12 of 55g
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour Taeq (100 g)
- 1 cup of whole wheat Taeq oatmeal (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger
- ½ spoon (powdered clove tea)
- 1 cup of organic Taeq honey (200 g)
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil Taeq (30 g)
- ¾ cup (tea) of water
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g of Taeq wholemeal peanut butter (filling)
- 80 g of chocolate 80% cocoa (topping)
Gingerbread is a delicious dessert that is a hit anywhere. This sweet of European origin based on honey and spices can be a temptation for many people who want to maintain a more balanced diet, but it doesn’t have to be that way! It is possible to make a healthy honey bread without losing the sweet taste, just by adapting some ingredients. We have prepared a version with peanut butter that brings the benefits of this oilseed. Learn how to prepare it!
- In a large container, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, coconut sugar, and spices. Reserve.
- Whisk together the liquids: honey, egg, coconut oil, and water.
- After being well incorporated, gradually add the liquids to the dry ones and add the baking soda and baking powder.
- Move to a baking dish lightly greased with coconut oil and bake in the preheated oven (180 ° C) for about 30 minutes or until roasting. One tip is to do the test by skewing a toothpick and, if it comes out dry, it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven, let it warm and unmold.
- After cold, cut into 9 or 12 squares.
- Cut each unit in half and fill with peanut butter.
- Cover with melted chocolate in a double boiler.
Peanut butter is a source of omega 3
Peanut butter is a delicious and healthy ingredient. Its base, peanuts, is an oilseed rich in omega 3, a fatty acid that is not produced by the human body and that benefits the nervous system by increasing good cholesterol, thus improving cardiovascular health. It also provides energy and is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as the B complex, potassium, and iron.
Oatmeal is detox and helps you lose weight
This is an excellent substitute for wheat flour as it is a healthier alternative and full of benefits for the body. The oats present in the flour have detox potential, eliminating toxins and reducing swelling. It also helps those who need to lose weight, as it gives them the feeling of satiety and reduces the desire to eat sweets. In addition, it also helps diabetics and pre-diabetics, as it helps to control the level of glucose in the blood. Oatmeal also shields immunity and the digestive system, improving bowel function thanks to the high concentration of fibers.
Honey helps constipated
Honey is a super healthy food, especially for those who want to replace sugar. It has positive impacts on the digestive system, as it has probiotic properties that regulate the functioning of the intestine and help those suffering from constipation. Honey is also a beneficial food for colds and flu, as it has an expectorant effect and invigorates the respiratory system, and strengthens the immune system.