The star garment of winter: the coat. They come in all sizes and cuts, but sometimes we don’t know which one is best for us. So here I have a little guide to choose a coat; I hope you find it very useful.
If you are a petite woman
That is, if you measure less than 1.60 meters, these are the rules for you:
- Avoid too long coats, as they will shorten your figure.
- The optimal length is three quarters; that is, a little below the hip, but before reaching the knee.
- Make sure that your coat has a V neckline or round neckline, this way, you will look more stylized.
- A waisted coat is better, as this creates the optical illusion of longer legs.
- Use coat with long boots not, unless you bring a look monochromatic.
- Avoid large buttons and wide pockets, as the full width makes you look shorter.
If you have the height in your favor, these are the tips to choose a coat that favors you.
- You are very lucky since you can practically use any coat model.
- Try the short or extra long oversize make the most of your height.
- Also with those with wide buttons or double buttons.
- Wear a sailor or military coat; they are fashionable this winter.
- Of course, at all costs avoid the shoulder pads, the best for very tall figures is to soften this part of the body.
Lot of bust
In case you have a lot of bust, you have to avoid that part of your body is the one that attracts attention.
- Say “no” to using large buttons or double buttons, as this widens.
- It is better to use thin or loose lapels.
- Bell shaped coats that have volume are the best for you.
- Do not button your coat to go out, better wear a pashmina.
- Wear V-neck garments to lengthen your neck.
In other words, you have equal shoulders, waist, and hips. Consequently, you need the coat to accentuate your curves. Thus:
- Prefer fitted coats.
- Look for ones with tweezers or cuts to simulate curves.
- Use the type trench or a belt.
- We must avoid oversize at all costs.
- Say “yes” to the wide buttons and large pockets.
If you are a very curvy woman, there are some rules that you must observe.
- Avoid prints on any type of coat.
- Choose neutral and dark colors to stylize your figure.
- Wear a coat that is not so long, a bit straighter cut will look very sexy.
- Or a trench coat with a considerably large lapel.
- The flowing textures you are much better than heavier raincoats.
- Don’t forget to use cuts that accentuate your waist.